News & Events
Data Privacy Statement EU GDPR effective 25 May 2018
Collection of personal data during visits to our website
(1) If you use our website for purely informational purposes, which is to say if you do not register or provide us with information in another manner, we shall collect only the personal data which your browser transfers to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical purposes so we can display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (legal basis: Art. 6 Para. 1 Page 1 (f) of the EU GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference compared to Universal Time Coordinated (UTC)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Respective data quantity transferred
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you use. Certain information flows through these files to the entity that sets the cookie (us in this case). Cookies cannot execute any programmes or transfer any viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make our website user friendlier and more effective on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functioning principles are discussed in the following:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted if you close the browser. They include session cookies in particular. They save what is referred to as a session ID, which can be used to assign different queries from your browser to the joint session. As a result, your computer can be recognized if you return to our website. The sessions cookies are deleted if you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified amount of time that can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you please and, for instance, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Web Analysis and Website Optimisation
The data generated as a result is processed and saved solely in Germany by etrackeron our behalf and is thus subject to strict German and European data privacy laws and standards. etracker was independently audited and certified in this regard and was awarded the data privacy quality seal ePrivacyseal.
Data is processed as per the legal provisions of Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) (legitimate interest) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). Our concern in the sense of the EU GDPR (legitimate interest) is the optimisation of our online offering and our website. Since the private sphere of our visitors is important to us, data that may allow conclusions to be made about any specific person, such as IP addresses and login or device IDs, is anonymised or pseudonymised as soon as possible. The data is not used for other purposes, etracker does not merge it with its own or other data, and it is not passed on to third parties.
Use of Social Media Plug-ins
No social media plug-ins are used on our website.